Monday 16 February 2015

Granny Square Crazy!

I had a feeling that when I got into crochet, granny squares would become a favourite - just how much of a favourite, I never quite anticipated!
Much like socks, I seem to always have a granny square project on the go...

At the moment, I'm working on two - this first one is for charity. I was bored with my project at Knit and Knatter, and so with some scraps that were in our group box, I started some squares, and it just seems to have taken a life of its own! 


I'm working them all in shades of pinks, purples and blues, with the lighter tone in the middle and a white border to tie everything together.
 

I decided a slightly different technique for this one - I am joining the squares as I go using Lucy's tutorial, and I'm absolutely loving it! No fiddly sewing up, and it saves on yarn too!


The other project is my blanket that you've seen before HERE. I wasn't so clever as to join as I went, but I am still loving how it's turning out.


Remember I asked for your suggestions as to whether I should checkerboard the design with plain white squares or whether to just stick with the coloured ones? Well, I've decided to do both. Because why not?


I'm going to do a central panel of 6 squares by 7, add a few borders to it, and then have another border of the checkerboard effect, then maybe add some more borders. There is still a lot of work to do, but I think it'll be worth it! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I am sure it will look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will look great for sure! Granny squares are so addictive

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!