Monday 19 August 2013

Field Trip!

Last week I went with these lovely two ladies to The Festival of Quilts in Birmingham. It was a lovely day out, and very inspiring! So many pretty things to see!
As well as purchasing some needles and thread (and maybe some fabric!), as you do at these kinds of things, I also had a wander around the quilt show. There was so much talent shown there, and if I could I would share so many more pictures!
As it is, here are a handful of my favourite things - I could sense a few themes in what my eye was drawn to!

First up - quilting! There were some lovely examples of wholecloth quilts...


Blanket Stitch also featured...



 All I seemed to take photos of were stars, stars, stars!

I particularly loved this one (below), submitted by Spain in the EQA exhibition.

  

And last, but not least, Hexies! Hexagons have taken the quilting world by storm, and are a favourite of mine - keep your eyes out for an upcoming post about my take on the hexagon craze!
In the meantime, look at these lovely examples!!!
 

 It was an absolutely fantastic day out, and has left me wanting to get a move on with some of my WIPs! :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!